Shenanigans, Misadventures, and Other Assorted Whatnots

S.M.O.A.W.

Google

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Living as a writer

Searched around on Craigslist today for part time writing jobs. Some of the announcements were pretty good, work out of the house, contract type stuff. I thought it might be a nice thing to try. I've been told I have pretty good writing skills (not to sound pretentious). I know I can write a killer corporate memo or cover letter for an external survey. That just doesn't seem fulfilling enough. Maybe since I've been hanging around Writing Forums lately, I've become more picky about what I want to write. Less practical and more imaginative writing tends to be the trend over there. Not too bad. Although the place seems to be overpopulated with teenage-angst types. Look for me there. My handle is CopyMaster.

Condolences to the W. Virginia coal miner's families. I can't imagine how you must feel right now.

Seems that big-time Washington lobbyist Jack Abramoff has pled guilty to multiple counts of fraud regarding his lobbying activities. Okay, I've said it before, no matter where you are in the American social strata, if you f**k up and get caught, you deserve to pay. Enough said.

Oscar season is coming up. Seems that John Stewart has been tapped to host them. Should make for an interesting ceremony.

That's it for now. No lyrics again. I'll try and post some on the Myspace blog a little later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home